About - [ D A R K P O O L ]
DARKPOOL is designed to be a globally distributed stake pool that follows CIS compliance where users can feel safe. We also believe it is important to give back to the world.
Latest [DARK] News
We offset more than a years with of CO2 in advance, putting us carbon negative. Thanks to everyone at IOHK for getting their Proof of Stake system off the ground. It makes off-setting our footprint so easy! ... and it feels so good!
Our most recent donation is to 350.org to help support the fight against climate change. This donation was suggested by one of our community members on the discord. If you're interested, join the discord and come chat!
We got our first block without a hitch. I can't thank our delegators enough for your support and delegation. Together, we are going to have a great pool. To celebrate, we made a donation to the Loggerhead Marinelife Center! Turtles are great!
A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.
It doesn’t matter how many times I have to click, as long as each click is a mindless, unambiguous choice.
Why Choose Us?
Right now we have low fees to encourage people to join this pool. Running a pool correctly is not without its efforts, but for now, we are aiming to keep fees low.
Note: The fees come out of the total reward the pool pays out. This does not come out of the ADA you already own.
We love minimalism
We know DevOps
Top ADA Cardano Staking Questions
- What is ADA Staking?
- Staking your ADA with a pool like DARKPOOL enables you to earn roughly 4-6% returns on your ADA. Think of it like joining a bitcoin mining pool. Except, you don't have to own any equipment or expensive GPUs. DARKPOOL does that for you. Stake using Daedalus or Yoroi.
- There's a catch, right?
- No catch at all. This is how Cardano is designed. It's a way for you, the ADA holder, to earn interest on your ADA and it promotes pools like DARKPOOL to exist and prodive a stable infrastructure for Cardano.
- Is my ADA Safe when staking?
- Yes! 100% When you stake with a pool you are still in full ownership of your ADA. You are only "delegating" your wallet and the ADA in it to a pool to increase the amount staked in the pool.
- Should I stake My ADA
- YES! Staking is part of what makes ADA wonderful. Stake pools are a key part of a decentralized Cardano, supporting the mechanisms that ensure the long-term health and liveness of the network. By running a stake pool, stake pool operators enable other users to participate in the protocol and gain rewards without needing to continuously run an online node. Stake using Daedalus or Yoroi.
- Can I use / spend / withdraw my ADA when it is staked?
- YES! You still have full control of your ADA. You are only "pledging" to a pool, not actually transferring to a pool.
- How long before I see my rewards?
- About 21 days. Rewards are calculated every 5 days, called an Epoch. When you join a pool, you will need to wait until the next epoch until you are fully registered. it takes 3 epochs for you to collect a reward for your first epoch. Once your are with a pool for 3 epochs, you should see a reward for every epoch after.
- Should I stake with an Exchange like Binance? etc
- No. You should stake with an independent pool like DARK. When you stake with Binance or others, it is esstentially centralizing Cardano with them. They have more control of the network and votes that ultimately can affect the future of Cardano. All the pool operator fees will also go to them, and they already charge a lot. It's very important to support independent Cardano Pools because this supports a global, non centralized Cardano network. It also supports people and pools like DARKPOOL who help decentralize the network. Stake using Daedalus or Yoroi.
- What are these fees and how do they work?
- There are two components that make up the total fee. There is a flat fee (340 ADA) and there is a margin fee that is shown in percentage. The flat fee is 340 ADA minimum, so you will never see less than that on any pool. The percentage is in addition to the flat fee and is a percentage of the total pool reward for the epoch. These fess are there to incentivize the pool to run and stay highly available. When the pool starts to have several million in it, these fees disappear to almost nothing that an individual user will see. The fees come out of the reward. Never from your ADA.
- Does the pool get paid out of my ADA?
- No! The pool fees come out of the REWARD the pool generates. The pool has 0 control of your ADA that is in your wallet. Fees are never paid out of your contribution.
- Why are there Pool fees?
- Running a highly available pool that users can trust takes time, work, and expertise. The pools are equivalent to "Bitcoin Miners" they are what is keeping the Cardano and ADA blockchain moving. They are doing the processing. There needs to be some incentive for people to operate a pool. With BTC mining, the pool gets a reward for operating. With ADA, it's the same concept, however it's operating off proof of stake and not proof of work. This means you don't need warehouses full of processing, and using vast amounts of power to just process a transaction.
- Is the % margin a lot?
Honestly, the percentage fee as seen by an individual user is very small.
But it is very helpful to the pool operators to pay for their costs.
for every 1% in margin fees. It works out to less than 0.001% change in what delegates see.
Example 2% Margin. 20M pool size. 12,000 ADA split between all Stakers.
Example 3% Margin. 20M pool size. 11,880 ADA split between all Stakers.
Example 4% Margin. 20M pool size. 11,760 ADA split between all Stakers.
What people say?
Cardano is an open platform that seeks to provide economic identity to the billions who lack it by providing decentralized applications to manage identity, value and governance
What people say?
DARKPOOL is run by some great people. I can't wait to see them grow into a great Stake Pool.